POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [![![!READ ME!]!]!] : Re: [![![!READ ME!]!]!] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [![![!READ ME!]!]!]
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Mar 1999 01:01:26
Message: <36e8adb6.0@news.povray.org>
Oh thank you for the nice comment about my site (people RARELY comment on
it!!! ;-)

Sorry, I misunderstood you.  Now I know what you meant.  (Just me being
over-protective and arguementative as usual I guess).

MAX really isn't hard to use actually.  I've never looked in the manuals
(not the physical ones anyway).  Actually, I really don't see why they
provide books with it, I mean, combined they are over 4 inches thick!!!  As
if ANYONE would have the time to read them!!!  Besides, I don't see a search
option on them ;-)

he he he

Of course without POV-Ray I DEFINITELY wouldn't be as good with MAX.
POV-Ray gave me an excellent grounding in 3D concepts and 3D mathematics
(something I find myself always using now).  I'm very happy that I
experianced POV-Ray before jumping to a visual modeller/render.  POV-Ray is
still a wonderful rendered to use (and always will be), I always find it
fascinating what people can do with it, especially now with the introduction
of Media.  A lot of the stuff on these newsgroups is of a higher quality
than most of the stuff I've seen done by amatures using MAX.  I think that's
mainly because they've pirated it, and they don't really understand the
concepts involved (they expect the program to do it for them, and it
won't!).  That's what I think is so great about POV-Ray, you learn
everything as you're using it and it gives you a technical understanding
too!

May the force be with you, POV-Ray!

--
Lance.