POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Looping and other things : Re: Looping and other things Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looping and other things
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 11 Mar 1999 09:04:17
Message: <36e7c95e.64291138@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:33:46 +0800, "Gordon"
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have a couple of questions regarding animation files. I used to do
>everything with FLI files until recently, using an old copy of DTA(1992?).
>
>I just got the new version and it is great. I now make AVI files. They are
>much more compact and are full colour. But, how can I make them loop cleanly
>like a FLI. I believe this is to do with the player, it has a pause between
>the end and the start when you turn on looping. Are there any players that
>will cleanly loop an AVI file? Also can anyone suggest a player that stays
>open after playing the file, or defaults to looping on open. I find I double
>click on a file to try it and it disappears before you even see it.

First off - not looping round to the start of an AVI is either going
to be a problem with the animation (not using the Cyclic option, or
not returning objects to their original locations - nearly - by the
end of the animation etc. etc.) or it's going to be a RAM problem.
windows loves RAM, pretty much the mre the merrier (although IIRC
there are problems at the 1 or 2 GB boundaries... but that isn't an
issue for most of us).

Windows's media player can be set t loop video files (BTW do you have
Media Player2 ? Free update from MS). Try opening a video file
(perhaps use right-click in Explorer and select "Open" rather than
"play" or double-clicking). Once it's loaded select "Options" from the
"View" menu. You should be able to set continuous looping (or replay)
from there.

Just to make things simple, Media Player was superceeded by
ActiveMovie, which has now been superceeded by Media Player 2.
Obvious, relaly...

Sorry - can't help with anything else.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail