POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Truncation : Re: Truncation Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truncation
From: Gordon
Date: 10 Mar 1999 22:27:20
Message: <36e73818.0@news.povray.org>
Andrew Cocker wrote in message <36e72310.0@news.povray.org>...
>Hi,
>
>I have two questions;
>1)
>I'm using the windows version of POV, and I find it really annoying that
POV insists in
>truncating my filenames during animation output. Does anyone know if it's
possible to
>allow support for long filenames?

On the same topic, I would really like POV to not overwrite the same output
file name all the time. What would be neat is for it to, say, append a
letter to the files so you have some history.

Alternatively, can anyone suggest a way to get this effect. I'm always
killing samples because I change the file and render, then realise I just
killed last nights 15 hours render! I then say drat (or words to that
effect).

Thanks
Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>