POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : number of macro params : Re: number of macro params Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: number of macro params
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 10 Mar 1999 12:50:13
Message: <36e6b0d5.0@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika schrieb in Nachricht <36e6ac00.0@news.povray.org>...

>  Memory can be allocated dynamically. That's why there's no limit on how
>many triangles a mesh can contain, for example.

Memory can be allocated from the heap, I know. But I guess this limit is
really the size of an array. Why did they pose a limit otherwise?

Now, to show it, I extracted the povray code (I wanted to do that once
anyway), did a grep over it and guess what I found (in tokenize.h):

<QUOTE>

#define MAX_PARAMETER_LIST 20

[snip]

struct Pov_Macro_Struct
{
  char *Macro_Name;
  char *Macro_Filename;
  long Macro_Pos,Macro_Line_No,Macro_End;
  int Num_Of_Pars;
  char *Par_Name[MAX_PARAMETER_LIST];
};
</QUOTE>

>: BTW, who needs more than 2 year digits in a date? <vbg>.
>
>  Which year comes after 1999?
>  Of course 19100.

Oh, I see. So we need 3 digits after all?

--
Rudy Velthuis