POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : number of macro params : Re: number of macro params Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: number of macro params
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 10 Mar 1999 12:23:33
Message: <36e6aa95.0@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika schrieb in Nachricht <36e64f77.0@news.povray.org>...
>Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:
>: I discovered that a macro cannot take more than 19 parameters. I have not
>: seen
>: this limitation mentioned in the docs.
>
>: Reduce the number of params by one and it parses just fine. Any ideas as
>: why this is so?
>
>  Perhaps it's just a given limit just like the limit of maximum nested
>macro calls and nested #includes (I personally don't understand why such
>limits have to be set).
>  It surely should be documented.

Yes it should.

Could it be (I didn't look at the code yet), that somewhere there is an
array of that size, which will hold pointers to the parameters? Must be
something like it, I guess. Perhaps a larger sized array would do the trick.
I don't think more than, say, 255 or 256 parameters will be necessary. And
propably not more than a nesting level for includes or macros of 256 either
<g>.

BTW, who needs more than 2 year digits in a date? <vbg>.
--
Rudy Velthuis