POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Looping and other things : Looping and other things Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Looping and other things
From: Gordon
Date: 9 Mar 1999 21:38:07
Message: <36e5db0f.0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions regarding animation files. I used to do
everything with FLI files until recently, using an old copy of DTA(1992?).

I just got the new version and it is great. I now make AVI files. They are
much more compact and are full colour. But, how can I make them loop cleanly
like a FLI. I believe this is to do with the player, it has a pause between
the end and the start when you turn on looping. Are there any players that
will cleanly loop an AVI file? Also can anyone suggest a player that stays
open after playing the file, or defaults to looping on open. I find I double
click on a file to try it and it disappears before you even see it.

Second problem, the FLI/FLC files I get from the new version of DTA won't
play in Playflc. What gives, is there a switch for DTA to make old format
FLIs or what?

Finally, I have been playing around with AVI2MPG. I can't seem to get the
same saturation of colour, and, they also won;t loop cleanly. Any hints?

Thanks
Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>