POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading Consequtive Images : Re: Reading Consequtive Images Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading Consequtive Images
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 5 Mar 1999 14:37:54
Message: <36e03292.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <36DF91A6.A7D2421C@pacbell.net>...
>Hi,
>
>  First - Thanks to all who replied to the French to English thread.
>The volume of responces was amazing to say the least.
>
>  I know it's been discussed before and I should know this but I
>forget.
>  I have a set of images I would like to read in sequentially as an
>animation progresses. Each can be numbered in what ever format is
>necessary. Then it's a one frame one image kind of deal. Is it possible
>to instruct pov to read iamges in this manner and if so what is the
>exact syntax for doing so. For twenty or so images I can write twenty
>pov files. I have closer to 500 images and no way am I going to hand
>edit 500 pov files to make it work. Your help would be apppreciated if
>you can provide the correct answer.
>

>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Hi Ken,

The following *should* do what you require. I used it to sequentially load 575 .inc
files,
each named ev_a0001.inc, ev_a0002.inc etc. I had to make the clock run from 1 to 575.
Credit must go to Bob Hughes for this, who helped me out in the first place.

#declare FC=clock;

#switch (FC) //frame count FC=frame number
#range (0,9)
#declare INCF=concat(ev_a,"00",str(FC,0,0),".","inc")
#break
#range (10,99)
#declare INCF=concat(ev_a,"0",str(FC,0,0),".","inc")
#break
#range (100,999)
#declare INCF=concat(ev_a,str(FC,0,0),".","inc")
#break
#end

#include INCF