POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux : Re: Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux
From: povray org admin team
Date: 5 Mar 1999 06:49:46
Message: <36dfc534.21267312@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Don't suppose there's any chance of getting the executable alone is
>there? I just had to see how the "d" version worked now. Seems
>unnecessary to re-get the unchanging demo scenes and includes, etc. each
>time an update is made. Or am I already overlooking a source for just
>the pvengine.exe (doubting that, since the idea is to produce complete
>official releases each time!).

We generally don't do this (at least for Windows) because of prior experience
with people who would download just the EXE, and no matter HOW CLEARLY we
marked it and told them 'this is only if you've already got the full version',
there was still some who tried it, found it didn't work (since they didn't
already have POV), then wrote to us and bitched about it.