POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : French 2 English : Re: French 2 English Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: French 2 English
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 4 Mar 1999 16:50:54
Message: <36df003e.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst schrieb in Nachricht <36debfd8.0@news.povray.org>...

>Darcy Johnston wrote in message <36de29aa.0@news.povray.org>...
>>Alea    =  Not sure here. Had to check the dictionairy on this, but if its

>Alea jacta est - The die is cast (Caesar)

My treacher always said he in fact said somehting like: "apherriphto ho
kubos (kuboi?)" (It's been 20 years since my last lesson Ancient Greek),
because those days, it was "poche" to speak Greek instead of Latin, just
like people at the British Court used to speak French a few centuries ago.
--
Rudy Velthuis