POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : computed rotate in macros : Re: computed rotate in macros Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: computed rotate in macros
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 1 Mar 1999 23:06:24
Message: <36db63c0.0@news.povray.org>
That would be a way... concecutive rotate/translate and exotics (like shear
and perspecive distortions, which POV doesn't have primitives for) can be
collapsed into one "matrix".  However, a "matrix" with 16 parameters might
take more file space than a small number of rotate and translate commands.
So there is a break-even point.

And that might be a partial answer to my original question:  there is no
primitive to rotate the way I want, but I could use a POV matrix.

--John