POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Try this : WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 28 Feb 1999 05:57:57
Message: <36d92135.0@news.povray.org>
Rudy Velthuis schrieb in Nachricht <36d87c4c.0@news.povray.org>...

>ingo schrieb in Nachricht <36d86018.0@news.povray.org>...
>>http://forumsa.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?srv=povray
>>
>>You will like it
>>
>You are right!

So I like it. And hate the *@%/&! uninstaller. The installer said: there is
another version of 3.x here, we advise you to get rid of this. So I start
the uninstaller (aptly named "Unwise"), which uninstalled POV-Ray 3.1a. But
not only the files it installed, also all scene files I downloaded (into my
own directory POV-Ray\scenes\download) and images I created (in
POV-Ray\images). I've never seen an uninstaller before, which also
uninstalls things it never installed. I was really mad! Now I can collect
all downloads again and (if necessary), rerender all important pictures.
Grrrrr. I hope not all of my scenes are gone.

I have learned one thing:
All my POV-Ray related stuff (downloads, output, scenes) will *not* be in a
subdirectory of the POV-Ray installation anymore. I advise anyone to do the
same.

--
Rudy Velthuis