POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : orthographic projection of game tiles.... : orthographic projection of game tiles.... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  orthographic projection of game tiles....
From: Stephen Guentert
Date: 27 Feb 1999 22:40:09
Message: <36d8ba99.0@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a shareware video game similar to diablo  and I want to use
POV-RAY to render the tiles.  the tiles need to be 64x64 with two diamonds
rendered from a checkered floor, one right above the other.  so far I've got
the orthographic part right, but I cant get the camera into the right
position to render it perfectly.  I need the perfect rendering position so
the individual tiles will match up correctly inside the game.  so right now
I've got a checkered floor and I'm looking at 0,0,0 from 10,10,10 with the
floor scaled up by 10.  this doesnt give me the effect I'm looking for.  I
need the corners to line up to the edges and to the center of the tile....

so can anybody lend some advice?