POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : A book with pages turning -- how to translate + scale a whole page made of 8 patches? : A book with pages turning -- how to translate + scale a whole page made of 8 patches? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  A book with pages turning -- how to translate + scale a whole page made of 8 patches?
From: forkazoo
Date: 24 Feb 1999 18:02:55
Message: <36d4851f.0@news.povray.org>
I want to have an open book with pages turning, like when they are being
blown by the wind.

What I am doing is making a loop, each cycle of this loop makes a page.
Inside of this, there is a loop that makes a few bicubic patches to
represent a single page.  How do I translate, and scale all of the bicubic
patches made by the inner loop at once.  Can I just encase the inner loop
inside of a union statement, or something? I can't figure out how to do a
transformation on a whole page (8 bicubic patches).  Please help!

Thank you!

P.S.  Ultimately, this animation will be all the PoV stuff that I don't
quite understand -- atmospheric media, bicubic patches, and loops, and a few
other things.  It will be interesting.  Did I mention the morphing rose
stained glass window?