POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check this out!!! : Re: Check this out!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check this out!!!
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 24 Feb 1999 16:36:06
Message: <36d470c6.0@news.povray.org>
Jerry Anning wrote in message <36d2ed6f.2561587@news.povray.org>...

>I coded it as a macro using the parametric object in SuperPatch.  For
>some reason, it works fine with exponents of 1.0 (regular torus) but
>gives garbage for any other exponent.  Is it the parametric object,
>the equations in the referenced page or my bad coding?  I am going to
>redo it as a mesh object with those equations and see what happens.
>If anyone else wants to play with this, here is the macro I used.  To
>repeat, it uses the SuperPatch.  Sorry about the underscores and
>indenting, Ken!

Arrghh!!!! I can't get it to work at all.
Like this:
isosurface{Supertoroid(1,.3,1,1)}
Error: function is not defined

Like this:
isosurface{function{Supertoroid(1,.3,1,1)}}
Error: no matching brace in function

Like this:
#declare S=Supertoroid(1,.3,1,1)}
isosurface{S}
POV crashes (page fault in povray.exe)

If I add precompute to Supertoroid, the scene renders, but the isosurface is
just a box.
I must admit, this is the first time I tried the parametric{} isosurface, so
i may be doing something real stupid. But the crashing is suspicious. Maybe
a bug?

Margus.