POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math r dumb-Ken r toopid : Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:36:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 22 Feb 1999 16:11:45
Message: <36d1c811.0@news.povray.org>
PoD schrieb in Nachricht <36D### [at] merlinnetau>...
>Rudy Velthuis wrote:
>[ snip snip ]

>Yeah, that's why I called it NextX. In my mind at least that's kind of a
>hint that it's the x offset of the next object rather than just a
>counter.

Before you get the wrong impression: I didn't write that, Gordon did. But
his message was Base64, so some people (amongst whom was Ron Parker)
couldn't read it. Ron complained about this, so I quoted the entire message
in a more readable form for Ron.

BTW: for many Basic programmers, NextX is the end of the for loop: NEXT X
means increment X (the index) and loop.

--
Rudy