POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math r dumb-Ken r toopid : Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 22 Feb 1999 15:09:00
Message: <36d1b95c.0@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker schrieb in Nachricht <36d18ccd.0@news.povray.org>...
>On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:33:24 +0800, Gordon <gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>
wrote:
>>DQpLZW4gd3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZSA8MzZDREVERDEuMzk5MTgyRDdAcGFjYmVsbC5uZXQ+Li
4u

[snip]

>>Cg0KR29yZG9uDQo8Z2JlbnRsZXlAYmlyZGNhbWVyb24uY29tLmF1Pg0KDQo=
>
>Now I've officially seen everything:

>What kind of stupid newsreader would even think about letting someone do
>this? Oh, I see.  It's another fine Microsoft product.

Whoops, I didn't see what you meant (for the POV stuff, I normally use M$OE,
because of the pretty picture shows), but when I saved Gordon's post and
loaded it with a text editor, I could see. Really looks a bit illegible,
doesn't it?

The original said:

------------------------------->8----cut
here---------------------------------------
<QUOTE>
Ken wrote in message <36CDEDD1.399182D7@pacbell.net>...
>PoD wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ken,
>> Not sure I understand your problem.
>> Do you mean something like
>>
>> #declare NextX = 0;
>> #while( NextX < 20 )
>>   #delare Scale = 1+rand(Seed);
>>   box{0,1 scale Scale}
>>   translate <NextX,0,0>
>>   #declare NextX = NextX + Scale
>> #end
>>
>> PoD.
>
>I thought it might be accomplished in a way similar to this but never
>would have thought to increment the counter with the scale value.
>I will check it out and see what happens.
>
> Thank you !
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

It might help if you don't think of NextX as a counter, but as a position.
We get used to using #while because there is no #for, but it is a more
general loop than that.

Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>
</QUOTE>