POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results : Re: Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Feb 1999 15:00:29
Message: <36d1b75d.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:46:59 -0500, Kyle <joe### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
>I just have version 3.1a.  I'm assuming that these versions (3.1d msvc,
>etc.) are non-official releases.  Where can I get these newer versions?
>Are they compatible with .pov files from 3.1a?  Is there a list of new
>features, etc.?  I hope this isn't a stupid question.

They are beta-test releases, currently available only to a handful of
people, but they are (or will be) official.  They are compatible with
3.1a; in fact, at least one change was made to make the language comply
with the documentation for 3.1a where it previously didn't.  A list of
what was done has been posted here recently.  I think you can also find
the list in povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions.