POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a rock wall texture : Re: How to make a rock wall texture Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a rock wall texture
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Feb 1999 12:40:11
Message: <36d1967b.0@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:23:06 -0600, John M. Dlugosz <joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:
>So, in 3.1 can arbitrary patterns be used as a heightfield or bump map?  I
>think the Superpatch has something like that for sure.

3.1 can use them for a bump map (it's just a normal pattern) but not for a
heightfield.  The superpatch can use them for a heightfield; see the last
two images on http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/crackle.html for some ideas
using procedural heightfields and the new crackle stuff.  Unfortunately,
I've lost the code to all those examples, but it should be easy enough
to recreate.