POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Improving POV-Ray. : Re: Improving POV-Ray. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improving POV-Ray.
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 21 Feb 1999 11:35:32
Message: <36d035d4.0@news.povray.org>
Spider schrieb in Nachricht <36D01BE3.49F920CE@bahnhof.se>...

>Show me that pascal code, please.

If I can find it, I'll e-mail it to you. It was in one of the
news.inprise.com newsgroups (I think it was borland.objectpascal). It should
have been deleted from my disk by now (I only keep newsgroup messages for 60
days), but I might have saved it somewhere (if I only knew where). Otherwise
try Dejanews or the Delphi Super Page.

But it was the improved algorithm which made the routine faster, not Pascal
of course. I just mentioned this to show, that a clever algorithm is
sometimes better than a "blind" translation to assembler. And even the best
compilers don't develop algorithms yet.

BTW BBC-Basic was really a very nice and fast Basic interpreter. I have even
tested a PC version of it once (1985/86). Only the assembler was different,
of course. And it had problems with the PC graphic resolutions.
--
Rudy Velthuis