POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : World Map of POV-Ray users : Re: World Map of POV-Ray users Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Map of POV-Ray users
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 21 Feb 1999 10:32:05
Message: <36d026f5.0@news.povray.org>
Marco Bonetti schrieb in Nachricht <36cffe05.0@news.povray.org>...

>One easy way to find out your lat. and long. is to use a hostname to
>long/lat
>converter, such as this one: http://cello.cs.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/slamm/ip2ll/

This is not always very accurate of course. This page said my ISP is in
Bonn, Germany. This is more than 100 miles away from my location. Some
nationwide ISPs like T-Online or AOL might even be off by much more.

But if you really don't have a clue about your Lat/Lon values, it is better
than nothing. Ain't the web a great thing?

--
Rudy Velthuis