POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Is somebody recording this? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you? Is somebody recording this?
From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 20 Feb 1999 08:31:05
Message: <36ceb919.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <36CDF51D.18A69A46@aol.com>...
>Oh, I was a bit off in my guess of 0 degrees 0 minutes West longitude,
>53 degrees 0 minutes North latitude. Thanks Matthew. Think that
>translates to around 95 miles +/- 10.
>Now for the *real* reason I'm posting here again.
>I've finished a preliminary POV World Map (39K) at:
>
> http://members.aol.com/inversez/private/lpovwrld.jpg

Wow - nice :)
Have you got it set up so that you simply enter in someone's co-ordinates
and the "pin" is automatically placed at the right location?

I'm really posting to suggest you put your POV World Map URL and co-ordinate
requests up as a new thread in povray.general.  I'd imagine quite a few
people won't bother reading this giant thread too far - so posting this as a
separate message should get more responses :)

In terms of how "on-topic" it is, I think a request for co-ordinates for a
POV World Map is pretty well suited for "povray.general".

Good luck,

Matt