POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Silent POV, holy POV : Silent POV, holy POV Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Silent POV, holy POV
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 19 Feb 1999 08:17:57
Message: <36cd6485.0@news.povray.org>
Dudes and/or Dudettes:

(gosh i hope M$ doesn't send this as poop)

I am having a problem getting POV to run silent, run deep.
I have written an animation controller for my humbleNet that spawns POV-Ray.
On Linux and Windows, i can't get POV to be transparent.

Linux: s-povray wants svgalib.  Not available. x-povray insists on opening a
render window, which of course steals focus from where i'm really working
and
requires an Xserver.  I've tried -D +D -D0 +D0, but can't get it to not
display.

Windows:  I can get POVWin 3.02 to be *pretty* quiet, but i can't get rid of
the
splash panel.  It is annoying to lose focus to where i am when POV starts.
But the
worst part is (not POV's fault) that when the splash closes, focus returns
to some
window other than where i was.  POVDos runs perfectly quiet, but then i'm
limited
to EIGHTDOTTHREE FILENAMES.  TunnelHeightField.gif fails to get parsed.

So, how do i make POV run with no output (except +GAoutput.txt).

tanx

dik