POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 17 Feb 1999 14:36:19
Message: <36cb1a33.0@news.povray.org>
Matthew Bennett wrote in message <36cabcea.0@news.povray.org>...

>Wouldn't you just pronounce it ram-ss-t? Still, I can see why trying to say
>the letters "mst" together at the end  would be a problem for some native
>English speakers (me included ;)  Still - that's one of the advantages of
>the net - you don't *have* to pronounce it :)
>
>Matt

I'm not entirely sure how you'd pronounce ram-ss-t...
Anyway, English speakers mainly have trouble with the "ram", since it's
pronounced quite differently in Estonian. As far as I know, only Germans get
it almost right.
Many Estonians have trouble spelling it right, too: it's not your typical
Estonian name. I believe it's of Livonian origin - although I doubt that
means anything to you :)
Ahh, enough off-topic rambling for one day.

Margus