POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:46:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 17 Feb 1999 09:20:03
Message: <36cad013.0@news.povray.org>
Phoenix schrieb in Nachricht ...
>'T was on Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:43:40 -0000,
>that Andrew Cocker wrote:
>> Having only recently discovered this group, I'm curious as to where
you're all from.

>> Andy Cocker
>>
>> York, England.
>
>Sietse de Ruiter, The Netherlands (Holland if you must).
>
>But since most people get serious tongue injuries trying to pronounce my
>real name, I go by the nick of Phoenix.

Really? I mean Rudy is simple enough, but here in Germany most people have
big problems understanding my last name at the telephone (to them it sounds
like Welltush) and even more to pronounce my name when they read it. So "De
Ruiter" could be more of a problem than Sietse. Only French speaking persons
would propably pronounce it well.

--
Rudy Velthuis