POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ? : Re: Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 14 Feb 1999 19:56:22
Message: <36c770b6.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team schrieb in Nachricht
<36c72c60.1443312@news.povray.org>...

>CodeMax is written in C++ using Microsoft Developer Studio. It's not
VCL-based
>at all.

Same problem. I still think "reading FFFFFFFF" really means reading a nil
pointer somewhere. So the Codemax author should still check all the things I
mentioned,
 although in his C++ code.

It's of course hard to find an error if you can't reproduce it. But just
re-reading your code after a while sometimes shows you the mistakes you
made. It normally helps me (but I must admit, it's really time consuming).
The best thing would be, to let someone else (equally experienced) read the
code too.

my 2 Euro-c.
--
Rudy Velthuis