POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : soft text : Re: soft text Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soft text
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 13 Feb 1999 15:09:14
Message: <36c5dbea.0@news.povray.org>
Cliff Bowman schrieb in Nachricht <36c5c82b.60144781@news.povray.org>...
>On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 05:16:25 GMT, pet### [at] usanet (Peter Popov)
>wrote:
>[snip]
>>My download manager says there's no such URL. My browser, too. What
>>happened?
>>
>It got pulled because the poster got jumped on for producing a
>non-portable utility. Oh well - try e-mailing him (I have) - maybe
>he'll give us copies?

He propably will, if there aren't too many requests.

And I think it was rather unfair, that he got jumped on. He made a quick
hack for himself, thought it might be useful and decided to share it. People
didn't like the interface and didn't like the language (Delphi).

BTW, It propably also got pulled because I offered to do a port of the main
program to ANSI-C, to which he agreed. Please be patient for a few days
more, until I get to grips with the FreeType library.

It will be command-line, but the output will be very similar (differences
depend on the differences in Truetype plotting between FreeType and
Windows). Remco (the original poster) also had some ideas for enhancements,
which I will try to introduce a little later on.
--
Rudy Velthuis