POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ? : Re: Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor crash bug - does this happen to you ?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 13 Feb 1999 15:09:11
Message: <36c5dbe7.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team schrieb in Nachricht
<36c66b16.44857390@news.povray.org>...

>Open any text file:
>Select Editor:Codemax Properties:Keyboard (TAB)
>
>This results in the following Error
>"Access violation at address 00E584EB in module 'CMAX101.DLL' READ of
>address FFFFFFFF"
>Select "OK" in the error box.

FWIW, in Delphi/BCB, the error "Read of address FFFFFFFF" occurs if a
pointer is not initialized, or nil. So some object is not constructed
properly or a read from a nil pointer was caught. I've never found out why
address FFFFFFFF and not 00000000 is the error address.

So the Codemax people should better check all constructors/lists/resource
reads etc.
--
Rudy Velthuis