POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mathematics help needed, please. : Mathematics help needed, please. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Mathematics help needed, please.
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 11 Feb 1999 10:12:26
Message: <36c2f35a.0@news.povray.org>
Okay, here's my problem. I'm working on an anim.
Let's say I have two points in space. Joining these, I have a thin piece of elastic (
or
similar stretchable material ). Threaded on this elastic are a number ( provisionally
5 )
of spheres, spaced evenly.
As the two points move around, how do I get the vector of each sphere as they remain
evenly spaced along the elastic?
I need the vector as each sphere will eventually become a blob component.

Many thanks

Andy