POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Non-emitting 3D pattern--> media? : Non-emitting 3D pattern--> media? Server Time
18 May 2024 11:08:29 EDT (-0400)
  Non-emitting 3D pattern--> media?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 6 Feb 1999 22:25:17
Message: <36bd079d.0@news.povray.org>
If I were to apply a "wood" pattern texture to an object in Povray 3.02,
with a transparent color, I would be able to get a kind of banding on
the SURFACE only of the object.  The texture is applied only to the
surface.

In Povray 3.1, if I apply a wood pattern to the emitting media of an
object,  I get nice glowing pancakes, or, I get a "volumetric"
application of my texture.  But it glows in the dark and each pancake
slice is transparent.

Suppose I want non-transparent, non-glowing, volumetric "slice."  How is
this done in 3.1?