POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spotlight through the bedsheets. : Is it that bad? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Is it that bad?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Feb 1999 23:52:01
Message: <36bcc9cb.3344148@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:49:30 +0200, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee>
wrote:

>Hey, you _are_ a nut :)

>I'd just make the sheet out of bezier patches and use a simple constant
>scattering media inside. Probably not too dense, so that a little bit of
>non-diffuse transparency would remain.
>
>Margus
>
>Peter Popov wrote:
>>
>> Well, if you a hardcoding-only POV-Ray nutcake (my ICQ nick is
>> pov-nut) you could  try using the SuperPatch to create a function for
>> an isosurface and use it as 1) an ithersection of two isosurfaces
>> situated closely to make the sheet and 2) a density pattern for a
>> scattering media in the sheet to do the fuzzy light effect you are
>> after.
>>
>> Just a thought.
>>
>> Peter

Excerpt from an ICQ chat I had recently, quoted without permission,
but I don't care. I didn't save this chat for obvious reasons but this
one I cut'n'pasted. The chatter's name is changed (he/she was random
anyway)

<chatter> What the f&^% is this s*&$$# name pov-nut?

<pov-nut> Well, POV stands for "Persistence of Vision" which is my
favourite program for three-dimensional art, and nut... well, I'm a
nutcake

<chatter> &^%$, a geek! *&^( u, I'm leaving u, u r scaring me

So tell me guys, is it really that bad, being a pov-nut?

Peter