POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Game Animation - will Povray work? : Re: Game Animation - will Povray work? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game Animation - will Povray work?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 3 Feb 1999 12:32:39
Message: <36b88837.0@news.povray.org>
Michael schrieb in Nachricht <36b843a4.0@news.povray.org>...
>Hi:
>
>As you probably guessed, I am a newuser of Povray.
>
>I am trying to find a tool that will allow me to do some simple animation
>for a game I am working on.
>
>I have read that Povray is really not good for building that sort of
>animation.  Is that true?  If so, can anyone suggest an inexpensive
>alternative?  I cant afford most of the mainstream tools.  (Alias, etc.)

That depends. If you want real-time animation, forget POV immediately. If
you need start-up screens or other pre-rendered animations, lots of things
are possible in POV-Ray, but like Margus and Nieminen said, it's a lot of
hand-coding to do. Also you need a good understanding of the (simple)
geometry involved to move things around.

--
Rudy Velthuis