POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: New newsgroup here at news.povray.org : Re: New newsgroup here at news.povray.org Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New newsgroup here at news.povray.org
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Feb 1999 00:58:54
Message: <36b7e59e.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36B7E2C2.BAFA93E3@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> I don't see a problem announcing it's exsistance. People
> need to know that there is an official Pov Team Announcements
> group so they can watch for important bulletins and feature
> changes. You have perfomed a useful public service by having
> done so and should be applauded for your efforts. Clap.

Before speculations go on, the group will list much more than just team
announcements. The various FAQ and VFAQ lists and other questions that are
asked very often will appear over time there, so it is a good source for
information for new users of POV-Ray.
BTW, as you might guess from the post there, Alan Kong is responsible for
the group.

    Thorsten