POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hypothetical question... : Re: hypothetical question... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hypothetical question...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 2 Feb 1999 15:54:03
Message: <36b765eb.0@news.povray.org>
Well, do a simple test. Render a scene with all the effects you want,
representing a typical frame of the game you have in mind.
Now do some math to figure out, how many times faster your system would have
to be to render it, say, 30fps.
Believe me, the multiplier will be quite staggering.
I figure a relatively simple scene with 640x480 AA, radiosity, atmosphere,
reflections etc. would take _at least_ 10 minutes, that's 600 seconds. To
render it 30 fps, your system would need to be... computing... 18,000 times
faster. That's a LOT.

Margus