POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attn: Spider : Re: Attn: Spider Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attn: Spider
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 30 Jan 1999 14:47:36
Message: <36b660f1.10670558@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:31:33 -0500, "Jim Kress" <jim### [at] dccmailcom>
wrote:

>I've noticed the same thing.  Also, it's not limited to Spider's posts since
>I have encountered it with others (both in the newsgroup and in email).
>Maybe it's that demon, HTML :>}

Spider's posts aren't in HTML, but they're in a "user-defined"
charset, which might be confusing your newsreader.  When I'm
using SLRN, it offers to run them through metamail, because
they're a nonstandard MIME type.  This is probably a config
problem on his end, but I haven't complained about it before
now because they are just plain text, and telling SLRN to
ignore the MIME type makes them perfectly readable for me,
unlike HTML.