POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question for the Gurus : Re: Question for the Gurus Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question for the Gurus
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 31 Jan 1999 12:49:27
Message: <36b496e0.90026417@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:57:42 +0200, "Margus Ramst"
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

>Ronald L. Parker wrote:
>
>>There is a caveat: if a child of a CSG operation already has a
>>texture, it won't be affected by any texture that's applied to the
>>CSG object as a whole.
>>

>Being lazy, I'll just ask without testing first...

Being lazy, I'll answer without testing first.  All textures
have all types of entries.  If you don't use a normal on a
particular texture, it inherits the one from the #default
texture.  I don't know about interiors, though, and in fact
this whole thing may have changed since I last looked at it
in version 3.0x.