POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question for the Gurus : Re: Question for the Gurus Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:07:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question for the Gurus
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 30 Jan 1999 19:57:27
Message: <36b3aa77.0@news.povray.org>
Ronald L. Parker wrote:

>There is a caveat: if a child of a CSG operation already has a
>texture, it won't be affected by any texture that's applied to the
>CSG object as a whole.

Being lazy, I'll just ask without testing first...
If the texture applied to the CSG as a whole contains parts that the child
does not (for example a normal block), won't this be used in the child's
texture? And what about the case when both parent and child use a material
block, but the parent has an interior block and the child doesn't? Will the
child get it's parent's interior?
Sound's like a study in genetics, doesn't it?

Margus