POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : htmlflame=on : Re: htmlflame=on Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: htmlflame=on
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 29 Jan 1999 08:25:45
Message: <36b1b6d9.0@news.povray.org>
Lue Ebra schrieb in Nachricht <36b16545.0@news.povray.org>...
>PS: I posted this in plain text format for a reason.. so you wouldn't skip
>it just because it's html.

If you can post in plain text, which about every newsreader on the planet
can read, why use html? What is the big advantage of using html in a
newsreader, other than the limited formatting capabilities html offers? I
think Nieminen Mika is right: you are a Windows nerd. I like Windows too,
but really don't see why plain text is not good enough for a newsgroup. HTML
can be very annoying, while plain text can be read by everyone.

--
Rudy Velthuis