POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Union vs. Merge ? : Re: Union vs. Merge ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Union vs. Merge ?
From: Lue Ebra
Date: 29 Jan 1999 01:51:20
Message: <36b15a68.0@news.povray.org>
I paid it no mind until I saw the red and the over-emphasized "ANNOYING"...
I didn't even notice any difference in download time  (it's only 2K)
but, then again, I'm running a fairly bulky news/email reader that doesn't
balk at much... add to that an unlimited account at 26,400 actual connect
speed on a 33.6 modem through close to 80 MILES of phone line..

Lue Ebra
lue### [at] nxuscom
www.electro-net.com/~lueebra
"The only constant in the universe is change"

    Ron Parker wrote in message <36af89fb.0@news.povray.org>...
    On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:35:52 -0500, Kyle <joe### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

        Hi,  I'm curious,  is there a rendering time differnce between two
objects that are unioned and two objects that are merged?  And while on the
topic, what's the difference between them?  They both seem to do the exact
same thing to me.  Thanks.

    You might want to check out the POV VFAQ at
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html#csgspeed

    You might also want to check out the fine manual. If that doesn't make
sense to you, try rendering some semitransparent objects with union and
merge and see if you can see the difference.

    PS: Notice how ANNOYING HTML posts are?