POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human modelling : Re: Human modelling Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human modelling
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 28 Jan 1999 15:44:29
Message: <36b0c61c.80445968@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:29:23 +0100, "Rune S. Johansen"
<run### [at] get2netdk> wrote:

>Kyle wrote:
>>Hi, Does anyone know of a good freeware
>>or shareware modeller for creating human beings?
>>                    Kyle
>
>Well, maybe this is a little off topic, but
>wouldn't it be possible to make an include file
>for POV-Ray that generates humans for stills and
>animations?
>There have been some nice csg humans in the irtc
>sometimes, not always very realistic but I think
>that's not so important.
>A human.inc would be a bit different from .inc'es
>such as explode, lens, and spline but wouldn't it
>be possible?

Well Theresa Willis (twi### [at] soundnet)  seemingly was working on
something along these lines - including .inc files for standard
poses/movements in late '96 to early '97 - but I've not seen anything
from here since then. A shame - I really ought to mail her and see if
she's done more as what she was doing looked highly useful.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail