POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CALIMAX Modeler : Re: CALIMAX Modeler Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CALIMAX Modeler
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 28 Jan 1999 04:24:03
Message: <36b027e2.1541827@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Rudy Velthuis, you recently wrote in povray.general:

> >Try this: Translate your object as wished, then create a group and add the
> >object to it (it will probably be the only object in the group). Then
> rotate the group as wished: Voila! Same effect ...
>
> I did exactly that. But I still didn't like the fact I had to do it. IMHO,
> it's much clumsier (and slower) than just writing out the code by hand.
Since V3.1, you can do that directly. Select the object and simply
activate local coordinates (or press 'A'), then translate the origin
of the object to where you want it. Then deactivate local coordinates
(press 'A' again) and rotate. Voila, the object rotates not about it's
normal center, but about the point where you translated the local
origin to.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray