POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CALIMAX Modeler : Re: CALIMAX Modeler Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CALIMAX Modeler
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 27 Jan 1999 14:55:39
Message: <36af6f3b.0@news.povray.org>
Rudy Velthuis wrote in message <36af6b69.0@news.povray.org>...
[snip]

>Also in POV I have the freedom of choosing the order of scale, rotate and
>translate, and not always depend on the order given by the modeller. In the
>model I'm currently trying to do, it would really be much easier if Moray
>would translate before rotating.

A hint for that:

When you say you want to translate before rotate, I guess that you *want*
the object to orbit around the origin, when you rotate.
Try this: Translate your object as wished, then create a group and add the
object to it (it will probably be the only object in the group). Then rotate
the group as wished: Voila! Same effect as "first translating, then
rotating" - at the expense of some additional "bloated" code ;-)

Greetings,
Johannes.