POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to speed up rendering? : Re: How to speed up rendering? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up rendering?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 19 Jan 1999 22:26:43
Message: <36a54cf3.0@news.povray.org>
I agree totally!!!  I recently upgraded to 160 Mb of RAM, which has
dramatically improved performance!!!  I was thinking of getting a dual
processor motherboard a while back, but I realised for the price it just
wasn't worth it.  What I really hate is when graphic artists lower their
polycount in a scene just because it renders faster.  I always go for
quality, I never care about the rendering time.  I guess that's the cool
thing about NURBS modelling, although it might take a little longer to make
the model, it certainly is easier to render at high-res, adaptive surface
degradation is a saviour!!!

So, in conclusion, I can't wait until holographic memory becomes cheap and
is sold to the general public!!!  (it's only about 5-10 years away!!!).  1
trillion bits per second, that's fast enough for me :-)

--
Lance.

---
For the latest MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone