POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Alignment ? : Re: Media Alignment ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Alignment ?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 18 Jan 1999 16:42:37
Message: <36a3aacd.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:03:47 +0100, Spider <spi### [at] bahnhofse> wrote:
>I thought I read somewhere in the doc's that it is calculated if inside a hollow
object,
>otherways not, (calculating in and outside)

That is true, too, but the effect I think Ken is seeing is not
simply due to the presence or absence of the 'hollow' keyword.
Try it: make a hollow plane and put media in it.  You won't be
able to see the media.  Add a completely transparent sphere
below the plane, and you'll see a roughly-circular spot of media.

plane {y, 0 hollow pigment {color rgbt 1} interior {media {emission red .1}}}

/* uncomment the next line to see the media */
//sphere {-y, .5 pigment {color rgbt 1}}

camera {location -8*z look_at 0}