POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to convert halo's to POV 3.1? : Re: How to convert halo's to POV 3.1? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to convert halo's to POV 3.1?
From: Marc van den Dikkenberg
Date: 16 Jan 1999 14:39:35
Message: <36a0eaa8.1142195@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:38:57 -0600, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Not sure what you mean, I used both 3.02 (halo) and 3.1 (media) to
>compare as I attempted to match the renders. I thought it looked pretty
>close, aside from a slightly more grainy appearence of the media
>"Exhaust".
>Perhaps you're talking about another change you've tried out.

No, this is the only one so far...

When I pasted your code unmodified, all I got was a bright white, solid
cone-shaped flame. There turned out to be a solid finish over the entire
object. After I made this transparant, I got to see the blue/white, but...
- The center was blue, with white edges (instead of the other way around)
- The object didn't seem somewhat transparent as a halo, but pretty solid.
:-/
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg