POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to convert halo's to POV 3.1? : Re: How to convert halo's to POV 3.1? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to convert halo's to POV 3.1?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Jan 1999 10:35:04
Message: <36a0b1a8.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36A0408B.AA42F8C3@aol.com> , Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom>  wrote:

>You mean it is just a rumor!?
>Or you didn't understand what I was saying?
>Thought it had been said that all the previous versions would sooner or
>later be parseable, but I may be wrong after all. Perhaps the 1.0, 2.0,
>and 3.0 would be parseable yet not include the atmosphere or halo in
>3.0*.
>Am I getting warmer?

As you can read in Chris Youngs "Plans for 1999" letter, we will try to parse and
convert as much as *possible*. We never discussed automatic halo and atmosphere
conversion and *I* simply don't know if this is possible at all. - And keep in mind
that the halo and atmosphere features 8as well as radiosity) were declared
experimental.

    Thorsten