POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Displacement Maps : Re: Displacement Maps Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displacement Maps
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 29 Mar 1999 17:33:24
Message: <36FFFF1C.FBA26A04@Kopp.com>
I think that adding displacement maps to POV would be great.  It would first
require POV to be able to convert any object to a mesh (which can be
difficult, especially with CSG objects).  Whether the memory-saving
techniques described in this paper could be applied is a good question
(I have only read the abstract so far, so I don't know).

-Nathan