POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Displacement maps. : Re: Displacement maps. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displacement maps.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Mar 1999 03:02:34
Message: <36FDE214.8BD4DFF4@aol.com>
Believe you've got the mesh thing right; that is, about it being the
reason the displacement hasn't been used.
Most primitives in POV being non-polygon and that conversion you mention
necessary means extra computing.
Anyone want to bet someone more in the know backs me up? Or maybe I will
lose my shirt in this gamble.
Hey, we'll all have computers beyond these puny 500MHz, 256Meg RAM
machines someday though, right? ha-ha, ah, uh...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe