POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions : FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Mar 1999 08:33:36
Message: <36FA3A87.A9CA968@aol.com>
In POV 3.02 , the definitions of the key strokes for Home, End, etc.,
worked just like that in MS Notepad (and Wordperfect, and the OS/2 Text
editor, etc.,  etc.,).

In POV 3.1, the End key does not move to the end of the actual text on a
line, but for some reason moves one practically offscreen to the far
right.

I cannot imagine many practical implications for wanting the "end" to be
the "farthest possible end of the line".  In fact, it introduces a lot
of inconvenience when cutting & pasting text, as I often find myself
doing.  I don't see any way to turn this annoying feature off.

Why was it changed?  Can we make POV 3.5 just like the good old days?