POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request : Re: feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Mar 1999 21:56:15
Message: <36F9A5B9.9EA5F6AF@aol.com>
I'm often negatively charged, but that's beside the point ;)
Sorry Roland, but you might want to try not speaking for "everyone" too
much, okay? I just now am replying here.
I get the idea behind this horizon diffusion thing I think. However, I
don't see it happening like I first thought when reading about it. See
if this is what was meant: a transmitted white gradient texture
extending from camera to most distant visible point (on landscape) with
clearest at camera and less clear at most distant reach applied to
entire scene as a whole. Similar to what was already suggested. The
"what could go wrong?" question posed by this solution(?) would be that
if any layered textures already exist it isn't going to parse (at least
I don't think it will).

P.S. to Roland. Not jumping on you, "we" know you mean well.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe