POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : How to modell a model train track? : How to modell a model train track? Server Time
18 May 2024 11:04:49 EDT (-0400)
  How to modell a model train track?
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 23 Mar 1999 22:29:46
Message: <36F7B385.8085FB0D@sitc.net>
One day while looking for something realistic to render, I thought of
making a modell train scene. I ended up wanting to create a series of
include files that could be used to make both model trains and real
trains (with some modification). So I made an include file for the
tracks. The problem is that I can make the straight peices, but the real
model curve peices are hard to modell using CSG, and I was hoping
someone could help me find a better way.

I made the peices by declaring dimensions for the metal peices, etc. For
the curve, I used CSG differences to make
the wires from cylinders. I'm including the code with this, so someone
can get an idea.

If there is any person that has made a model train include file, I would
like to see if (and refine my own file), so if you could direct me to a
source, that would work too.

Thanks a bunch,

Tim Soderstrom

Post a reply to this message